Forever 21 is kind of a flagship store at the mall in Fairfax. It is massive-has 2 floors-and is definitely the biggest store that isn’t a department store.
I have always avoided it. People love that place, I know it, but something about it has always made me nervous. So on Sunday, Maria and I were at Fair Oaks, and I decided to take the plunge. Go for it. I was pretty sure I wouldn’t be buying anything, but there was no reason I should be intimidated.
Forever 21 could provide me with hours of entertainment. I can’t believe some of the stuff that they sell. They make it and people must be buying it. Now I am going to show you some of the amazing things I found.
1. Let’s start with this saying. What a terrible message! Forever 21, you should not be telling high school girls to live beyond your means. I wish there had been a stack of credit card applications underneath it.
2. My sister had these pants in high school. Only the were pleated. I can see a lot of the 80s and 90s stuff coming back, but stone washed things are not one of them. It is ugly. Completely ugly.
3. This was an owl tank with holes in it. Scary and provocative at the same time.
4. There were so many half shirts. I just took a picture of 1, well 2. I saw many a half shirt at Lake Champion last week.
5. I can’t believe this shirt is real. A half shirt made of some synthetic material with a PETER PAN COLLAR! Is this for work? The clubs? Neither one seems appropriate.
All in all, I still don’t think I will be buying anything at Forever 21 anytime soon, but I am glad I went in. No reason to be nervous about it.